07 November 2007

Faster Than the Eurostar

While doing some neighbourhood errands, I remembered that I had long wanted to take a photo of the coffee kiosk that opened this summer on Newington Green:
The name of the place, Star Box, had me in hysterics the first time I noticed it. "Star Box! Star Box! Isn't that hilarious?" I asked Bob the first time we walked across the green after the sign went up. But he didn't see the funny side. "Say the name," I said, and he did, still giving me a blank stare. "Now say the name again, this time with an English accent," and he did, smiling as the drawn out words "Staaahr-baaaahks" came out, sounding a whole lot like a certain OTHER coffee shop you may know. Anyway, we had coffee out today, not at Star Box, but at our favourite neighbourhood escape to Paris:
Like many Parisian cafés, Belle Époque uses Cafés Richard (France's leading coffee roaster), and one sip took us right back to our time in Paris last month!

No comments: