11 December 2007

Max Rocks Out

Tonight we headed for a long-overdue visit with Fiona, Gerald, and Max, but before we caught the train down to Sydenham, we walked through a deserted Borough Market to have some coffee at Monmouth, passing the market Christmas tree along the way.
On the way back to the station, Southwark Cathedral treated us with a lovely tree of its own:
When we got off the train at Sydenham Station, we joined a few people staring at this act of folly.
I walked out into the street, but Bob continued walking on the sidewalk, intending to walk directly under the couch. Before I could question his sanity, the man on the receiving end of the couch did it for me, shaking his head and exclaiming, "Final destination, man, final destination," and telling Bob to walk on the street. After a lot of scraping (when we returned to the station to catch our train after dinner, we noticed the window ledge was completely torn up) and perilous balancing, the sofa managed to reach the ground floor.
As if the sofa escapade wasn't entertainment enough, Fiona saved a monster of a parsnip to show us, fresh from her garden, before chopping it up for tonight's supper. (It was her clever idea to add the mobile for scale.)
I remembered to take an antihistamine before leaving home, so I did pretty well with the two cute kitties in the house--I tried without success to get them to look at me for a photo, and it was Gerald's advice to pretend I had food that finally got me this pic. Sorry kitties!
Max ate his dinner before we had ours, and after he finished his pasta, he spread a hefty knifeful of Marmite on a ricecake for a chaser:
Last year around this time, Bob provided some musical entertainment, but this evening it was Max who took the ukulele for a spin!

No comments: