18 June 2007

Coincidence

Today's post is for a dear friend who has been working on what I think is a brilliant premise for a children's book. I was on my way home when I noticed two shops from the top deck of the double-decker bus, immediately pushed the button to get off, and walked back to the shops to take a photo:
The words "ghost" and "toast" are the key nouns in [unnamed brilliant author]'s book title and I just thought it was extraordinary to come across them in the streetscape like this. It gave me a goosebump or two--I mean, what are the odds that two shops with these names would occupy side-by-side storefronts, and in the order that they appear in the book's title? This is probably not as amazing for those of you who aren't sitting on said deserves-to-be-bestselling children's book, but I hope you forgive the narrow scope of today's London dispatch. If you send me the titles of books you may have in the works, I'll be happy to keep my eyes open for their titles in the London landscape as well!

No comments: