10 February 2008

Washing Up

It's even tougher to find unscented laundry detergent and dishsoap (or "washing up liquid" as it's called here) in London than it is in Vancouver--and since my skin tends to react unfavourably to those dishsoaps that promise all kinds of aromatherapy while you wash, as well as laundry soaps that (in my opinion) bring unwanted cloying scents into your closet and onto your skin, I tend to use whatever unscented versions of these essentials I can find. Although health food shops usually have a wider selection of these products, their prices make me break out in a rash, so I've stuck with what I think is the only unscented brand that's sold in conventional London supermarkets:
Surcare products are unscented, dermatologist-approved, free of dyes, not tested on animals, and cost about the same as other products on the supermarket shelf. My one complaint has to do with the label's suggestion that (blonde-haired) white = pure. And what's the baby doing there anyway? Is the woman going to wash the baby in the sink along with the frying pan?

No comments: