12 October 2007

Shades of Green

Today was quite a foggy morning, and even by late afternoon, the light remained strange. The greyness of the day almost had me averting my eyes when I walked around a corner and saw this tree, with the most glowing lime green I've ever seen in foliage:
The colour reminds me of the green crayon that I never liked to use as a kid--I can't remember what it was called, though. Yellow-green? Ultra green? The green colour of the crayon that I liked to use showed up in our supper tonight:
I figured we missed out on Canadian Thanksgiving (in fact, we both forgot about Thanksgiving this past Monday until some of you reminded us) and we were on our way back to being able to taste properly again, so I would make something autumnal tonight--hence our meal of pork chops with apple and mustard, with seasonal accompaniment--including forest-green-crayon Brussels sprouts.

No comments: