07 January 2008

The Unfriendly Skies (and Ground, for That Matter)

Well, we made it home, but it wasn't easy!
While our outward journey was quite tiring considering the thirty hours involved in getting to my parents' house, our return flight from Tokyo to Amsterdam was, quite honestly, the single worst flight of my life. This had nothing to do with the flight itself and everything to do with the unfortunate fact that I was terribly ill for the entire twelve hours with a continuation of my stomach trouble from last night. By the time we got on the second plane from Amsterdam to London, I barely noticed the flight since I was numb from being so ill and completely low-energy after not having eaten since the tiny amount of sushi the night before. When we finally walked in our apartment door, I almost cried from relief at being home, and immediately went to bed. On the plus side (for him), Bob got to eat all of my airplane meals (I always chose whatever option Bob hadn't chosen so he could have both) and considering his nerves about flying, for once he wasn't the one having the worse flight. Small consolations, but that's about all I could come up with. Now if only the customer-satisfaction survey that Bob filled out wins the grand prize of two business-class return tickets anywhere KLM flies, that would make me forget my Tokyo-Amsterdam agony!

No comments: