17 May 2007

Bronwen

My friend Bronwen's visiting from Vancouver with parents Lisa and Jonathan in tow (she wanted to leave them behind to dogsit, but somehow they insisted on tagging along) and today I went to her rather posh temporary home right next to the Tate Modern for a visit. Along the way, I noticed a printing shop in Borough Market that was selling some most welcome signs:
Only a month and a half until the smoking ban comes in: I can't wait! (Although based on the prices they're charging for the signs, I should go into business printing up signs of my own and start flogging them around town . . .) Once I got to the flat, Bronwen served up a bit of lunch
and tried out some of her new compositions on my fresh ears.
Then it was time for a wee bit of exercise
followed by some well-earned lazing around the flat, talking politics and the state of the education system.
We drove up to Bronwen's friend's house in Stamford Hill, with snacks along the way (Bronwen wanted to focus on eating, so she made Jonathan drive),
and then Bronwen had a memorable moment in her young life, one I know that we all wish we had recorded on film: her first real taste of chocolate. (The chocolate all over her forehead is the baby version of a thumbs-up.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jenny!
That made my day.
Give her a big squeeze the next time you see her.
Auntie Janice & Billie the dog